Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery: C. Bob Basu, MD
9899 Towne Lake Parkway, Suite 100
Cypress, Texas 77433
Phone: (713) 799-2278
Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery: C. Bob Basu, MD
1200 Binz Street, Suite 950
Houston, Texas 77004
Phone: (713) 799-2278
Meet Dr. Basu
Discerning patients from Cypress and other Houston suburbs choose board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. C. Bob Basu for the remarkable results he achieves for his patients. Although he is results-driven, he cares just as much about creating a world-class patient experience. From assembling a superior support staff to building a breathtaking state-of-the-art facility, he sees to every detail to ensure that you feel comfortable, safe, and cared for. The shared goal of Dr. Basu and his team is to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
CV Highlights for
C. Bob Basu MD, MPH, FACS
- Board-certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery)
- Over 14,000 cosmetic procedures performed
- Nationally recognized expert in cosmetic surgery and patient safety
- Board of Directors, American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) (2012-2017)
- Board of Directors, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (2011-2014)
- Chairman, Patient Safety Committee, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (2011-2015)
- Allergan Black Diamond provider – placing his breast implant practice in the top 1% in the nation
- Realself Verified – recognized as a top leader in aesthetic plastic surgery
- HTexas Top Doc in Plastic Surgery (over 12 years in a row)
Destined for Plastic Surgery
Dr. Basu always loved creative pursuits, especially those that involved developing a strategy or plan, pulling all of the best resources together, and finally carrying out his vision. This is a big part of what he loves about plastic surgery.
He also enjoys the challenge that the specialty provides. He originally thought he would pursue cardiovascular surgery, but discovered his passion for plastic surgery during his general surgery residency at George Washington University Medical Center. One of his mentors pointed out that, after any particular operation, Dr. Basu was very meticulous about making sure the closure looked great. That mentor foretold a future in plastic surgery.
“I love that in plastic surgery, you not only have to complete an anatomically and functionally pristine procedure, but you have to ensure your results look fantastic. My ultimate goal is to achieve exceptional aesthetic results in every patient.”
Drawn to Houston Hospitality
Dr. Basu is originally from the Northeast and graduated magna cum laude with high honors from Princeton University before earning an M.D. and Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. But he likes to say he “became a Texan as soon as I could.” He fell in love with the area while completing his plastic surgery fellowship at the prestigious Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in the Texas Medical Center. He enjoys the cultural diversity and the sense of community that Houston embodies. But what he loves most is the people, who are always warm, friendly, and hospitable.
Hospitality is very important to Dr. Basu, and it is a cornerstone of the Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery’s patient care philosophy. The team, hand-picked by Dr. Basu, strives to exceed patient expectations while ensuring optimal safety and comfort.
Building a Patient-Centered Practice
The practice’s new, luxurious, state-of-the art facility is a reflection of Dr. Basu’s dedication to the patient experience. He spent years looking for the ideal location, and he found it in the waterfront location in Towne Lake Boardwalk in northwest Houston (Cypress). Fronted on 3 sides by water on a peninsula, patients immediately get a sense of tranquility and luxury from the moment they arrive.
“We wanted to create a one-of-a-kind destination experience that feels luxurious, yet warm and welcoming. Our priority is that patients feel relaxed, safe, and comfortable.”
Safety is Paramount
As a nationally recognized leader in patient safety and cosmetic surgery, Dr. Basu prioritized safety in designing his new facility. His on-site Beleza Surgery Center far exceeds the requirements of most accredited cosmetic surgery facilities. Beleza is a state licensed Ambulatory Surgery Center designed exclusively for his plastic surgery patients. Patients can undergo their procedures with peace-of-mind in a facility that meets the highest hospital-grade safety and quality standards and protocols without having to go to the hospital. It is staffed by an exceptionally qualified team of nurses and board-certified anesthesiologists, all of whom have worked with Dr. Basu for many years.
“I do expect a lot from myself and from my team. But I’m proud to say each and everyone of my team members are medical professionals who I’d want caring for me or my loved ones.”
Providing a Superior Experience
While the facility is remarkable, it’s the exceptional quality of care patients receive there that sets Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery apart. Dr. Basu takes a great deal of time with each patient at their consultation, educating them about their procedures and having an honest dialogue about their goals. His priority is to ensure that the patient leaves the consultation with no unanswered questions. He goes into great detail about what they can expect from surgery, including exactly what he and his team do to mitigate risk and ensure safety.
Dr. Basu also goes above and beyond when it comes to advanced pain management technique to optimize patient comfort. For instance, in all of his mommy makeover, tummy tuck, and body lifting procedures, he performs special nerve blocks through a long-acting local anesthetic (numbing medicine)— Exparel® —that keeps the patient comfortable for up to 72 hours after their procedure. At this point, many of these patients can forego prescription narcotic pain medication and the sometimes-unpleasant side effects that come with it.
Family and Fun
Dr. Basu’s passion for health, hospitality, and customer service spills over into his personal life as well. When he’s not exercising or spending time at home with his wife and two “rambunctious” sons, he likes to travel and enjoy new destinations, new restaurants, and new experiences. He says “I love not just the sights, sounds, and flavors, but the whole experience of being in a place where the people are dedicated to making sure you have a wonderful time.”
Find out for yourself why Dr. Basu is renowned as one of the top plastic surgeons in Houston. Request a consultation using the online form, or call our office at (713) 799-2278 to schedule your appointment.
Education and Training
- Princeton University
- Tufts University School of Medicine
- The George Washington University Medical Center, Department of Surgery (General Surgery)
- Baylor College of Medicine, Division of Plastic Surgery · Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Plastic Surgery)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- HTexas Magazine Top Docs in Plastic Surgery (2006 – 2018)
- HTexas Magazine Top Docs for Women (2007 – 2017)
- US News & World Report Top Doctor in Plastic Surgery
- Houstonia Magazine Top Doc in Plastic Surgery
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors in Cosmetic Surgery
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors in Plastic Surgery
- RealSelf 100: Top 2% of Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons in the Nation
- Health and Fitness Sports Magazine Doctors Choice Award
- Patient’s Choice Award in Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons & American College of Surgeons 2013 Health Policy & Leadership Management Scholarship Recipient
- 2008 American Medical Association Foundation Leadership in Medicine Award
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons 2004 Clinical Award
Selected Leadership Positions
- Board of Directors, American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) (2012 – 2017)
- Board of Directors, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (2011 – 2014)
- Chair, Practice Management Committee, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (2015 – 2017)
- Chair, Patient Safety Committee, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (2011 – 2015)
- Ethics Committee, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (2010 – 2013)
- Chief of Plastic Surgery, North Cypress Medical Center (2010 – 2016)
- Surgical Executive Committee, Surgical Section, American Medical Association
- Technology Innovation in Plastic Surgery (TIPS) Steering Committee
- Basu, C. and L. Jeffers. The Role of Acellular Dermal Matrices in Capsular Contracture – A Review of the Evidence. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 130(5 Suppl 2): 118S-24S. November 2012.
- C. Basu and G. Colon, Editors., Optimization of Patient Safety in Cosmetic Surgery, Seminars in Plastic Surgery. (New York: Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc., Issue 4, Vol. 20, November, 2006).
- Haeck, P., J. Swanson, R. Iverson, L. Schecter, R.Singer, C. Basu, L. Damitz, S. Glasberg, L. Glassman, M. McGuire, the ASPS Patient Safety Committee. Evidence-Based Patient Safety Advisory: Patient Selection and Procedures in Ambulatory Surgery.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 124(4S): October 2009.
- Haeck, P., J. Swanson, K. Gutowski, C. Basu, A. Wandel, L. Damitz, N. Reisman, S. Baker, the ASPS Patient Safety Committee. Evidence-Based Patient Safety Advisory: Liposuction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 124(4S): October 2009.
- Ellsworth, W, C. Basu, R. Iverson. Perioperative Considerations for Patient Safety During Cosmetic Surgery – Preventing Complications. Can J Plast Surg. 17(1): June 2009.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The Aesthetic Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Association for Independent Doctors
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society