9899 Towne Lake Parkway, Suite 100
Cypress, Texas 77433
1700 Post Oak BLVD, Suite 1-280
Houston, Texas 77056
Brow Lift Houston
Aside from our eyes, the brow is the part of our bodies most responsible for conveying emotion. A furrowed, sagging brow can signal to others that we are upset or tired, even when we are not. Often, it is important to address the brow position when developing a treatment plan for eyelid rejuvenation. At Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery, we want to help you look as good as you feel. Brow lift surgery, also called a forehead lift, tightens droopy eyebrows that obscure the upper eyelids and smooths horizontal forehead lines and frown lines between the eyebrows. Brow lifts can also help treat upper eyelid lateral hooding. By removing excess skin on the forehead and repositioning the underlying muscles and tissues, a brow lift can help you achieve a naturally younger and more alert appearance, without looking surprised.
- WHY CONSIDER BROW LIFT SURGERY?
- AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR BROW LIFT SURGERY?
- TYPES OF BROW LIFTS
- BROW LIFT RECOVERY
- ENHANCE YOUR BROW LIFT WITH THESE PROCEDURES
- WHAT DOES BROW LIFT SURGERY COST?
- SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION TODAY
WHY CONSIDER BROW LIFT SURGERY?
From aesthetics to medical concerns to an improved sense of self, there are a variety of reasons why you may consider a brow lift:
- Look up to 8 to 10 years younger
- Improve your sight by restoring your peripheral vision
- Improve your confidence and appear more approachable
- Highlight your eyes
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR BROW LIFT SURGERY?
You may be a good candidate for brow lift surgery if you:
- Don’t smoke
- Have a BMI of 40 or less
- Are in generally good health
- Have a sagging brow
- Have impaired vision from your brow
- Want to look younger and more awake
- Want to enhance a facelift and/or eyelid lift procedure
Our board-certified plastic surgeons can help you decide if brow lift surgery is right for you.
TYPES OF BROW LIFTS
At Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery, we offer a few different brow lift options to meet your aesthetic and medical needs, all of which are performed under general or local anesthesia in our state-licensed Ambulatory Surgery Center:
Classic/Coronal brow lift
For a classic brow lift, your surgeon will make an incision starting at your ear, tracing your hairline up to your forehead, and ending at your other ear. Though this traditional brow lift is still the most common type of brow lift surgery, it may leave a noticeable scar. The major benefit to this more invasive procedure is that it provides the ultimate lift to your brow.
Temporal brow lift
A temporal brow lift, also called a mini brow lift, is a minimally invasive surgery that tightens and elevates your outer brow and upper eyelid skin. A pocket is created in your brow via two tiny incisions made in the hairline, leaving the muscles and nerves in your forehead completely untouched. The result is a naturally elevated brow that decreases brow ptosis (sagging) and reveals your eyes.
Endoscopic brow lift
True to its name, your surgeon will use an endoscopic camera to examine your muscle and tissue beneath your brow in this procedure. He will then make a couple of small incisions in your scalp, hidden within your hairline, to elevate your brow tissue. Because they are minimally invasive and have a high satisfaction rate, endoscopic brow lifts are quickly rising in popularity, currently making up one half of all brow lift surgeries.
BROW LIFT RECOVERY
Recovery from brow lift surgery typically takes 1 to 2 hours and is performed under general or local anesthesia. You may return to work and driving within 1 to 2 weeks, and may gradually resume physical activities after 2 to 4 weeks. For endoscopic and temporal brow lifts, your results will be fully visible within 3 to 4 weeks. You should allow 6 to 12 weeks to see your full results from a classic brow lift.
Though you and your surgeon will discuss your recovery in-depth, the following applies to all brow lifts:
- They are performed as outpatient surgeries in a surgical office, meaning you will be able to return home on the day of your surgery
- You should walk around your house during your first day of surgery to encourage blood flow
- Skincare and sun protection are essential during healing to ensure optimal results
- Results are long-term and will help your face age naturally and gracefully
ENHANCE YOUR BROW LIFT WITH THESE PROCEDURES
A brow lift is an impactful surgery, taking years off your appearance and improving your vision, and it can be further enhanced with these additional facial procedures:
- Eyelid lift surgery, or blepharoplasty, can reduce under-eye bags and tighten skin above the eyes for a more alert and refreshed appearance. Eyelid surgery can further enhance your vision by lifting and removing excess skin around the eyes.
- A facelift tightens sagging skin, smoothes wrinkles, and reduces “jowliness” in your face. When paired with a brow lift, a facelift can easily take a decade off your appearance.
- A neck lift can restore your chin’s natural shape, slim your neck, define your jawline, and reduce wrinkly “turkey neck” skin. Combining a neck lift with a brow lift can enhance the results of both surgeries and give you an overall rejuvenated appearance.
Combining a brow lift with one or more of these procedures can also save you money on anesthesia and surgical room costs, however, it is important to understand that undergoing multiple surgeries will increase your surgery and recovery times. The surgical team at Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery will discuss which procedures will best enhance your natural beauty and create the results you desire.
WHAT DOES BROW LIFT SURGERY COST?
The cost of your brow lift will vary depending on the specific procedure you and your surgeon choose and whether you decide to enhance your lift with any other procedures. The following costs are associated with all of our brow lift surgeries:
- The surgeon’s fee
- The anesthesia fee
- The cost for the surgical facility
To further discuss the cost of your brow lift, schedule a private consultation with Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery.
Will insurance cover my brow lift?
Brow lift surgery is not typically covered by health insurance. Some insurance providers will cover a brow lift if your brow is significantly impacting your vision, and therefore considered a medical procedure, though most brow lifts are billed as cosmetic procedures. Contact your insurance company to find out if your brow lift surgery qualifies for coverage.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION TODAY
Our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Bob Basu at Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery has extensive experience performing brow lifts on men and women of all ages and ethnicities. To find out how brow lift surgery can improve your life and to schedule your private consultation, contact us online or call (713) 799-2278.