Patient safety and comfort is at the core of our mission. As we deal with COVID-19, Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery has taken additional steps to ensure your health and safety.
Our free-standing 10,000 sq.ft. aesthetics center is home to our state-licensed Ambulatory Surgery Center. Our sterilization, terminal clean, and hospital grade HEPA air-filtration protocols meet high standards set by the Texas Department of State Health. One of the benefits of our aesthetics practice is that we care for healthy patients. In addition, we are a free-standing facility and not in a typical medical office building or on a hospital campus. This potentially reduces risk for exposure and helps us to maintain a safe clean environment.
In addition to our standard protocols, we have implemented the following extra measures and precautions to ensure facility cleanliness and safety:
- Visible hand sanitation stations in all patient care and staff work areas.
- All patients, family members, staff, and vendors are required to use one of our hand sanitation stations or wash their hands upon arrival to our facility.
- All high traffic areas and high touch-point surfaces are cleaned twice-a day during business hours in addition to a nightly cleaning crew who performs a deep clean of the entire facility.
- Any employee with cold symptoms has been instructed to stay at home with access to their available PTO support.
- Dr. Basu and all our nurses have cancelled ALL travel plans.
- Any employee opting to travel out of the United States or to any domestic hot spot region will not be allowed to return to work for 14 days to monitor for any new symptoms.
- We have streamlined the appointment scheduling process to minimize the number of patients in the facility at any given time. Given our facility size, we can ensure patient privacy and personal space.
- We will be adding virtual appointments (TBA) to accommodate those patients who are unable to make it to our facility.
- We will continue to monitor guidance from the CDC and will adjust protocols accordingly.
We take the safety of all our patients and team members very seriously. In addition to achieving beautiful results, safety is at the core of what we do. For everyone’s safety, we ask all patients who are not feeling well to reschedule their appointment for a later date. This includes anyone with symptoms of fever, chills, cough, flu-like symptoms, or shortness of breath.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to give us a call at 713-799-2278. We thank you for your attention to this matter. Together, we will get through this. We look forward to seeing you soon.
C. Bob Basu, MD, MBA, MPH, FACS Director, Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery
Director of Operations
Basu Aesthetics + Plastic Surgery